It is New Years Eve and I am starting one of my goals for the next year to update my blog more frequently. This is Josh and I first new years apart in 14 years. He is at work and I am at home with my two sleeping babies. It is amazing how much new years has changed for us. We used to never let a new year's eve pass without celebrating and going out. Although I must admit I enjoy staying in, relaxing, watching the ball drop on tv. However, I do miss Josh and wish he was here with me.
This past year has been a great one! Landon and Reese have grown so much. It is amazing but it makes me think how fast time goes by and I need to cherish every moment with them being little. It goes way too fast! Landon is going to school at a local church 3 days a week. He is learning so much. I asked his teacher how he was doing in his class and she said "he is an easy one." It makes me happy to know he is behaving at school and actually loves going. It has been more of a challenge at home. The three's are the hardest age yet for me. Landon tests his boundaries every day. It is a tough balance with discipline and letting him discover who he is without suppressing his determined personality. He is so independent and does pretty much everything on his own. He is smart and funny. He is such a joy to have for a son. Reese is now 19 months. She is talking quite a bit although many people don't understand her except me and Josh. She talks in perfect sentences that we understand but may sound like a forgein language to some:) She is potty training and doing very well. She is adorable in her big girl panties. She also can pitch a fit with the best of them. She is stubborn and knows what she wants. She tries to keep up with her brother at all times. They hug and kiss each other one minute and are fighting the next. All in all they do very well together. Her hair is so long and many people think she is older than she is when we are out. Josh doesn't want to cut it but I think we will have to soon. She is beautiful and sweet with a strong personality. We love Landon and Reese so much and look forward to watching them grow.
2009 was a great year as I was saying before. We were fortunate enough to spend 5 weeks in Hawaii back in July. Josh did a rotation in the ER in a hospital on Oahu. It was such a great time and we look forward to going back in the future. Josh also started his third and final year of residency. It has been a long road but it is finally coming to an end. Josh and I also went to Boston for 3 days. Josh had a medical conference. It was great to get away just the two of us but we missed our babies so much. It was the first time we had left them for an extended time. However, they did great with Tay Tay and Gran Gran. Josh also signed a contract for a "big boy" real job as I call it. Of course it is back in GA. We are so excited to move back home! 2010 will be a great year! Between Josh finishing residency, going to Disney World in April, and selling our house and buying a new one, all with in the next 6 months we have a lot to look forward too. We have goals of becoming healthier, being the best parents for our children, and living the life God intends for us to live. Happy New Year to everyone, may it be the best year yet!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment